Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Romancing the Blog

Yes, I've been a bad blogger lately. Ever since I started my Ph.D. in August, I've been madly reading and researching new topics. In fact, I've recently decided to focus on the 19th century courtship novel and shows how it progresses to the modern romance novel. So, I'll be adding some new content having to do with that area of research, as well as with the Regency era.


To that end, I'll be profiling several websites/blogs that relate to the modern romance novel. First up: Romancing the Blog. From their mission statement: "The columnists on Romancing the Blog are readers, reviewers, aspiring authors, and bestsellers. Some are thoughtful, some humorous, some a bit “ranty,” and some are insightful. They have their own voices and a love of romance. Together, with your comments, they will map the landscape of today’s romance genre from every possible angle. From story conception to the moment a reader finishes the book, they’ll cover it all." They have many influential contributors, including some romance scholars, so it's definitely worth a look. Also, if you have a blog that relates to the romance genre, they'll add you to the list of author blogs. Happy browsing!

No comments: