Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Online Book Trailers

As you can see from my previous post, I've been exploring the world of online book trailers. Lately, when I've been visiting the websites of my favorite authors, I've noticed that they've been featuring brief book trailers. The favored production company for these trailers is Circle of Seven Productions. However, given that the costs range from $250 to over $10,000, I decided to go with a less costly (read: free) version, which you can view below. If you're in the process of making your own book trailer, it helps to check out what other authors have done. If you visit YouTube, and type in "romance novel," a number of examples will pop up. When you're in the YouTube neighborhood, please do stop by and say 'hi'; you can find me at the following YouTube address: http://www.youtube.com/user/sarafreeze1.

4 comments:

Nienke Hinton said...

Ever cool, Sara - and you made that yourself, right?

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

I think the trailers are GREAT for a reader to watch!!!

Hugs, JJ

Sara Freeze said...

Thank you Nienke! Yup, I made it myself through the www.onetruemedia.com site.
And I agree JJ- having an effective trailer can definitely help the reader visualize the storyline.

Sheila said...

I think you did a great job Sara! And you're smart to put it up on YouTube and other various sites for people to see.
I realize not all authors can afford to have book video professional made. So, I always am interested in the amatuer made videos to see what creative things people come up with. I've seen some really great video ideas!

A recent survey about book video shows that over 80% of people who watch book video are inspired to purchase a book (or books)because of them!

We're a very visual society and it's wonderful that books can now compete with other entertainment industries!

Sheila Clover English