Sunday, February 10, 2008

In Memory of Dawn Thompson


I was greatly saddened to hear of Dawn Thompson's death this morning. Deborah Macgillivray, Dawn's friend, announced the news on the Night Owl Romance listserv, saying that " Dawn Thompson is dead. She died Friday around 2pm. She went peacefully, life finally granting her that single blessing when it had taken so much more from her." Deborah ended her message with the words "The world lost one of the best and brightest with her passing." I had just discovered Dawn's works during the fall (I got mixed up and started with the second book of her trilogy) and enjoyed her books so much that I gave some of her work to my mom and sister. I can't believe we won't be receiving any more new works from Dawn; she's a wonderful author, and her legacy lives on in her work.

No comments: