Sunday, September 16, 2007

Website Advice for Authors

As I was cruising along in the cyberworld today, I landed on the brilliant article on website design for authors by the Smart Bitches Who Love Trashy Novels site. The article is called Authors on the Web, and its offers a wealth of advice for authors who are in the process of building their websites. As the article's author notes, authors need to think long and hard about the "content and style of their websites." She also notes some authors with especially good websites, and I have to say Susan Holloway Scott's site was my favorite. My personal favorites are the websites of Elizabeth Hoyt, Rebecca Kohn, Janet Mullany, Cindy Miles, Kristina Cook, and Marly Mathews. Each of these authors clearly considered their audience and purpose and crafted their sites in a way that appeals to their readers. What are some of your favorite author websites?

No comments: